Dec 7, 2008

If Only for a Moment (A poem of healing from abortion)

They didn't tell me you had a beating heart;

they told me you were a mass of tissue.


They didn't tell me I would cry for you 24-years later,

they told me it was nothing-you were nothing.


The room was cold-so-so cold.

Just relax, they said, there's nothing to it.


Staring in silence-screaming inside with no place to hide, nowhere to run.

Relax I say, soon you will be out having fun.


Life went on-for me that is.


Would it matter if I told you your father and I married?

Is that any consolation?


How many pregnancies, how many live births?

The question stings, I wonder if acid would soothe the burn.


Then one day I heard your sister's heartbeat for the very first time;

You were just her age when yours beat for the very last time.


What have I done? In an instant, you were real.

Would it make a difference if I told you I mourn for you still?


My Lord is gracious, forgiving and kind

He took you in His arms when I chose not to hold you in mine.


One hope I hold dear to my heart; that my Lord Jesus would

grant me one wish-one delight.

To hold you in my arms if only for a moment

and feel the love of both of you.



~~~~


Do you have a silent cry? God will forgive you and heal your broken heart. You don't have to bear the guilt and shame any longer. Never be alone again. Share your heart. I am listening and I care.


I have spoken to many women who feel they don't deserve to have children so they haven't. Other women cannot have children because of the damage done as a result. Then there is the mother who feels guilty at times delighting in the children she was blessed with later in life. Abortion is not an easy out. It may seem like it at the time, but the effects will last a lifetime.


If you are pregnant and considering abortion, please seek other alternatives, don't listen to the lies. It will be hard, but you can learn to be a good mom. There are agencies to help you. Teen Moms is a great resource.


http://teenmominternational.org/

I am here to help. Write me anytime.

Love Teresa, Love Jesus.



© Teresa Ortiz 2008 All Rights Reserved.

No comments: