Jan 21, 2008

Footsteps of Love: Encouragement for the Soul

As I went about my morning routine, I thought about a list of Scriptures I compiled for times of encouragement. There are times on my journey of faith when I need a spiritual boost; a reminder of the One who has His eyes on me - it brings me comfort and strength to rise above my circumstances and live a life of victory. It is my prayer that all those who read this article will be renewed, refreshed and strengthened in their spirit.Walk in the strength of the Lord today, you will be blessed for having done so.

Footsteps of Love



The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with His hand. Psalm 37:23-24 NKJV


Blessed is the man who walks not in the council of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2

He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places….You enlarged my path under me, so my feet did not slip. Psalm 18:33 & 36

Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statues, and I shall keep it to the end. Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; indeed I shall observe it with my whole heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in them. Psalm 119:33-35

Oh bless our God, you peoples! And make the voice of His praise to be heard, Who keeps our soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved. Psalm 66:8-9

He shall guard the feet of His saints, But the wicked shall be silent in darkness. 1 Samuel 2:

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. Psalm 40:1-2

I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I may keep Your word… Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:101 & 105

Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; remove your foot from evil. Proverbs 4:25-27

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, our God reigns! Isaiah 52:7

Through the tender mercy of our God, with which the Dayspring from on high has visited us; to give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. Luke 1:78-79

Therefore, be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling aroma. Ephesians 5:2
Thank you Father for your faithfulness and for the promise that you will lead us in the way we should go as long as we choose to follow the footsteps of love. In the Name of Jesus, Amen

No comments: