Dec 29, 2007

Blessed By An Unknown Author

If you are anything like me, your refrigerator is covered with magnets which hold all kinds of things; pictures, letters, calendars, bills, receipts and of course, those precious drawings from your children.

This morning, as I was scanning the fridge, something caught the corner of my eye. There it was - buried beneath last year's school schedule. A smile came across my face as I pulled it out to read it. It had been awhile and my eyes watered. "Thank you - whoever" came out of my mouth.
With all the heartbreak and financial hardships many of us are facing this season, I figured it wasn't an accident that this poem came to surface. It has blessed me time and time again- maybe it will bless you too!

Too Blessed To Be Stressed;
Too Anointed To Be Disappointed

I refuse to be discouraged, to be sad or to cry.
I refuse to be downhearted and here's the reason why:
I have a God who is Almighty; who is sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me, and I am on His team.
He is all wise and powerful; Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable, my God remains the same.
I refuse to be defeated.
My eyes are on God.
He has promised to be with me, as through this life I trod.
I am looking past my circumstances, to heavens throne above.
My prayers have reached the heart of God.
I am resting in His love.
I give thanks to Him in everything.
My eyes are on His face.
The battle is His; the victory is mine;
He will help me win the race.
I repeat, "I'm too blessed to be stressed!"
(Author Unknown)
"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ"
1 Corinthians 15:57 NIV
Once again I am blessed by this unknown author who led me to the face of God. Perhaps that was the plan all along. And so it goes back on the fridge - this time in front of last year's school schedule.

(c) 2007 Teresa Ortiz

2 comments:

April Lorier said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I pray you will prosper in 2008 EVEN as your soul prospers!
Your buddy, April

Teresa said...

Thank you for the welcome and all your help. May the Lord repay you 100 fold! (I'll pay you when I get rich and famous) Love ya, girlie-girl.